CDs - Accordion
CDs - Ceilidh
CDs - Dance
CDs - Drumming
CDs - Fiddle
CDs - Harp
CDs - Highland Dance
CDs - History
CDs - Piobaireachd
CDs - Piping
CDs - Singing
CDs - Solo Piping
CDs - Uillean Pipes
CDs - Various
CDs - Whistle
DVDs - Dance
DVDs - Piping
Forgot your password?
Scotland: CDs - Solo Piping
CDs - Solo Piping
Dr Angus MacDonald
Maidean Dubh' an Donais (The Black Sticks Of The Devil)
Dr Angus MacDonald's musical influences were formed growing up in Glenuig in Moidart, and from visits to his mother's people in South Uist where the piping tradition was especially strong.
He has also been influenced by the music and Gaelic song he heard in Cape Breton during the years that he lived there. In the fiddle music, especially in the strathspey playing, Angus recognised the rhythms he was brought up listening to, in the songs his father sang and in Gaelic music in general. The words of a song associated with a tune, provide a template which preserves the inherent rhythm and character of that tune over generations.
For this recording Angus has added accompaniment to some tracks. The repertoire is largely traditional but with several entirely new compositions of his own and of his brothers, Allan and Iain.
1. Angus MacKinnon of Eigg / MacBeth's Strathspey / Stornoway Castle
2. Dh'ith na Coin na Maragan / Reel of Tulloch / Muileann Dubh / Cailleach Liadh Ratharsair
3. The Air Tune / Fàg a' Phìob Bhochd / The Hawk
4. Murachadh Thobha Churraig Dhuibh / Maighdeanan a' Choire Dhuibh / Cur na Gobhair às a' Chreig / Chuckie MacLellan's Reel
5. Roderick MacDonald's Strathspey / CBCs Glen and Carl / MacFarlane's Rant / Ciaran Tourish
6. John MacFadyen of Melfort / Dora MacLeod / The Little Cascade
7. Con Cassidy's / An Ath Bhanais / Jimmy Ward's Jig / Nighean na Caillich
8. A Thearlaich Òig a' Chuailein Chiataich / Fear a' Choire / Mànus Mòr na Guaille / Fìre Faire
9. Essan Cottage / The St Valery Pipes / Coinneach air an Stiùir
10. Highland Harry / Back of the Change House / Dan J Campbell's Reel / Stumpie
11. Luinneag Mhic Leòid / Chloe's Passion / Co Ni Mire ri Màiri / Highland Jig
12. Kantara to El Arish / Ewe With The Crooked Horn / Sandy Cameron / The Flaggon
13. Òran Mòr Mhic Leòid / Maidean Dubh' an Donais / Nach Dannsadh am Ministear
14. Buntata's Sgadain / Jonnie Sullivan's Reel / Sir Ronald MacDonald's Reel / Mary MacDonald's Reel
15. Fr Eugene's Welcome to Cape North / Goose Cove / Larry and Eleanor Parks
16. The Maids in the Green / Bill Lamey's Jig / Connaughtman's Rambles
17. Dhanns i Leam, a Mhaighdeann Bhrèagha / South Uist Golf Club / A-null Thar nan Eileanan Dh' Ameireagaidh Gun Tèid Sinn or Over The Isles To America / The Lads of Mull
Price: € 17.00
Iain MacInnes is a former member of The Tannahill Weavers, Smalltalk and Ossian, and has also been Radio Scotland's Pipeline producer.
That Iain MacInnes is a consummate musician would have been reason enough to encourage him to produce this CD of bagpipe and whistle music. But with this, he combines a sensitive appreciation of how to accompany his preferred instruments with others to produce beautiful music. He also has an intimate knowledge of the nation's traditional music collections and a deep understanding of Scottish culture in general.
1. Spark’s Rant
2. Go To Berwick
4. Cow Hill
6. Nighean na Cailliche
7. MacDonald of the Isles
8. Rusty Gully
9. Castle Stalker
11. Loch Bee
Price: € 16.00
The Harvey Bros
Debut CD from the young piping brothers Andrew and Craig Harvey, from Thrumster village in Caithness. The style ranges from traditional pipe band to acoustic instrumental backing a more modern style of piping.
The brothers have been playing bagpipes since primary school, and have been members of the Caithness Junior Pipe Band and Thurso Pipe Band. Andrew became pipe major at the age of thirteen years old, and with the junior pipe band played for Prince Charles at the Mey Games.
1. Mr and Mrs Duncan / Golden Wedding 2000 / Three Piece Suit / The Curlew / Kesh Jig / The Jiggernaut
2. Highland Cathedral
3. Hell Bound Train
4. Caledonia / The High Drive / Jack Daniels Reel / The Double F Dilemma
5. Masons Apron / Itchy Fingers / Clumsy Lover
6. Muckin O Geordies Byre / Bonnie Dundee / Dundee City Police
7. Hector The Hero / The Sands of Kuwait
8. Athol Highlanders / The Pumpkins Fancy / The Ramnee Ceilidh / The Fourth Floor
9. Rory Gallacher / Kenny Gillies of Portnalong / Paddys Leather Breeches / Jig Of Slurs / Banjo Breakdown
10. The Dark Island / The Fiddlers Rally
11. Amazing Grace
12. Scotland The Brave / The Black Bear
Price: € 15.00
Shouting at Magpies
The bagpipes are an instrument of tradition, but in the hands of Ann Gray from Alberta, Canada, they become a modern device creating unique world music
1. Starcraft & Spirits: A Set of Gigs/The Starcraft Trip to Glencoe
2. Senor Celtic el Grupo
3. Strathspeys & Reels: Tulloch Castle/Lieutenant Colonel David J.S. Murrar
4. Reil Gow's Lament for the Death of His Second Wife
5. 93rd at Modder River/PM John Stewart
6. Lament for Ronald MacDonald of Morar/South in Autumn
7. Tea Set: The Fiddler's Joy/Carmeron/Stumpie/Miss Stewart of Grantully
8. Sailing Solo on the Minnow (A Waltz)
9. Mermaid's Song
10. T Allen Doe/Robyn Emily Gray
11. Broadview Set: A Set of Jigs/Pipes the Gold Ring/The Price of the Pig
12. Cha Till MacCriomain (MacCrimmon's Lament)
13. Shouting at Magpies
Price: € 15.00
2010 BBC Radio Scotland Young Traditional Musician of the Year finalist with his 1st solo album including many of Kyle's own compositions.
Whilst Pipe Major of the National Youth Pipe Band of Scotland he performed with some of the biggest names in traditional music such as Carlos Nunez and Brian McNeill. Kyle won a Danny Kyle Award with TNT - "The New Tradition" at the International Celtic Connections festival in Glasgow; the Breton Championships with Bagad Cap Caval at the Lorient Festival in France, and competed with the world famous Grade 1 Strathclyde Police Pipe Band. He has now joined the Grade 1 Field Marshal Montgomery Pipe Band from Northern Ireland.
1. The A-Lister
2. Golden Brown: Albi's Reel - The Periwig - Golden Brown - 3. Lament For Jef Ar Penven
4. Illegalised - Black Magic - The Notorious Hector - Miss Ireland
5. Margaret's Air
6. Making the Change - The Rising Light
7. Boturich - Keith James Bowes
8. Spice Island - Rock Bottom
9. We're A Case the Bunch of Us
Price: € 15.00
O'er Lang At The Fair
Featuring Northumbrian smallpipes and English concertina.
Rob is one of the foremost performers of traditional music from the North East of England, has won many competitions and continues to enhance the local musical traditions.
1. The Gilsland Hornpipe
2. Coilsfield House
3. Powburn Lads
4. The Farmyard Schottische
5. The English Bring To Gratney Green The Lasses That Ha'e Siller
6. The Idle Bairn
7. Christine Taylor's Jig
8. Jean Kirkpatrick's Fancy
9. Bonny Tyneside
10. The Squirrel In The Tree
11. Because He Was A Bonny Lad
12. The Newlyweds' Waltz
13. The Omnibus
14. Farewell To Whisky
15. The Belfast Polka
16. Cut And Dry Dolly
Price: € 15.50
Angus Nicolson Trio
Lasses That Baffle Us
Debut album from three talented young musicians from the Highlands.
An energetic pipe-led trio who know how to add influences from around the world to enhance traditional-style tunes.
Angus Nicolson (Highland pipes, Border pipes, whistle) with Andrew MacPherson (percussion, whistle) and Murdo Cameron (guitar, accordion).
1. Soup Dragon
3. Miss MacLennan of Tigh-a-Ghearraidh
5. 2/4 Marches
6. DJS Murray
7. Baffle Us
8. Muile nam Bheann
9. If Captain Archie Made Music...
10. Peter Mackinnon
11. Mackintoch's Lament
Price: € 18.00
Traditional and contemporary tunes and styles. Two-time BBC Radio Scotland Young Traditional Musician Of The Year finalist, piper Lorne MacDougall was brought up in Carradale, Kintyre.
On leaving school he studied for a BA in Scottish Traditional Music at the Royal Scottish Academy Of Music And Drama in Glasgow, graduating with honours in 2005.
Lorne has played with Grade 1 pipe bands The David Urquhart Travel Pipe Band, Glasgow Pipes And Drums and The Scottish Power Pipe Band, and has also toured with Brian McNeill and the folk band Canterach. He has appeared at festivals including Celtic Connections and The Cambridge Folk Festival.
Lorne MacDougall (Highland pipes, reelpipes, smallpipes, whistles, practice chanter, vocals) with Ross Kennedy (guitar, bouzouki, vocals), James Mackintosh (percussion, drumkit), Duncan Lyall (bass), Brian McNeill (concertina, octave fiddle, fiddle, mandolin), Adam Brown (bodhran), Troy McGillivray (piano), Andy Thorburn (piano), Martin Simpson (guitar) and Siobhan Miller (vocals).
1. The Gravel Walk
2. Waltz of Slurs
3. Lament for Small Isles Bay
4. MoK Music Festival Reels
5. Trip to Aviles
6. Hello World
7. John Paterson’s Mare
8. Fisherman’s Dream
9. Learning to Fly
10. MacDougall's Gathering
11. The Magic Flute
Price: € 15.00
Chris Stout and Finlay MacDonald
The Cauld Wind
Music of the pipes and fiddle - The Cauld Wind is an album which remains respectful to the tradition, whilst also taking the instruments in exciting new directions.
Since meeting in Glasgow over a decade ago, fiddler Chris Stout (known for his playing with Fiddlers' Bid, Chris Stout's Brazilian Theory and in duo with Catriona McKay) and Finlay MacDonald have played together both as a duo and in the Finlay MacDonald Band, taking their progressive form of pipe music to festivals throughout Europe.
With special guest Ross Martin on guitar.
1. Loch Macleod
2. Borve Castle
3. Dull and Boring
5. Border Crossing
7. Land of Bens and Glens and Heroes
Price: € 16.00
Last King Of Pictland
A sixth studio album by Scottish piper Jimi McRae, with his unique creative flair blending traditional bagpipes with many different genres.
This album comprises six original compositions and three traditional arrangements, Jimi remains respectful of traditions but continues to pushes the boundaries of the instrument.
The CD featues a variety of styles including heavy metal, progressive rock, traditional Greek, Scottish and Irish and more all combined with a modern edge.
Jimi McRae (aka Jimi The Piper) is based in Edinburgh and he started playing bapipes at the tender age of 10. Three decades on Jim continues to bring his music to audiences and has toured Europe, North America and Asia with his dynamic live show.
1. Na Criochan
2. Last King of Pictland
3. Donald of Laggan (MonsterMix)
4. Songs from the Western Seaboard
5. Vasilikouda (Tune from Thrace)
6. Up the Bheinn Backwards
7. Piobaireachd (Wee Spree)
8. Luna Z – Rod
9. Black Knight on A87
Price: € 14.00
- Select a Country -
Central African Republic
Democratic Republic Of Congo
Papua New Guinea
Trinidad And Tobago
United Arab Emirates
- Select a Style -
American Contra Dance
American Square Dance
Clog Dance / Clogging
Country & Line Dance
English Country Dance
Irish Uillean Pipes
Old Time Dance
Scottish Northumbrian Pipes
Scottish Solo Piping
You can order material by phone or by E-mail. We garantee a quick delivery. Payment should be done after delivery (in €, US $, GBP)
AADS vzw - Resedastraat 8 - B9920 Lovendegem - tel.: +32 (0)9 372 96 35
© AADS - info: