CDs - Accordion
CDs - Ceilidh
CDs - Dance
CDs - Drumming
CDs - Fiddle
CDs - Harp
CDs - Highland Dance
CDs - History
CDs - Piobaireachd
CDs - Piping
CDs - Singing
CDs - Solo Piping
CDs - Uillean Pipes
CDs - Various
CDs - Whistle
DVDs - Dance
DVDs - Piping
Forgot your password?
Scotland: CDs - Harp
CDs - Harp
Margie Butler, Aryeh Frankfurter, Harpers Hall
18 pieces, almost 70 minutes, of the most beautiful, atmospheric and relaxing harp music. From Margie Butler’s ethereal tone, to Aryeh Frankfurter’s beautiful arrangements including violin, cello, mandolin, guitar…, to the many harpists of Harpers Hall, a glorious album of wonderful traditional and modern Celtic and Scandinavian harp tunes. Info in English, German, French and Spanish.
1. ARYEH FRANKFURTER: The Morning Dew (trad., arr. Frankfurter)
2. MARGIE BUTLER: Lea Rig / Kind Robin (trad., arr. Butler)
3. ARYEH FRANKFURTER: Scottish Fisherman’s Song for Attracting Seals (trad., arr. Frankfurter)
4. HARPERS HALL: Christ Child’s Lullaby (trad., arr. Schermer/Valencia)
5. ARYEH FRANKFURTER: The Butterfly (trad., arr. Frankfurter)
6. MARGIE BUTLER: Siege of St. Malo / Flitter Dance (trad., arr. Butler)
7. ARYEH FRANKFURTER: The Sandpit (trad., arr. Frankfurter)
8. HARPERS HALL: Chanters Tune / La Rotta (trad., arr. Schermer)
9. MARGIE BUTLER: Carolan’s Draught (O’Carolan, arr. Butler)
10. ARYEH FRANKFURTER: Slängpolska after Kyss-Kalle (trad., arr. Frankfurter)
11. MARGIE BUTLER: The Maid from the Parish of Penderyn (trad., arr. Butler)
12. ARYEH FRANKFURTER: Polska efter Ola Lans (trad., arr. Frankfurter)
13. MARGIE BUTLER: Gaelic Lullaby (trad., arr. Butler)
14. ARYEH FRANKFURTER: Luke Dillon (O’Carolan, arr. Frankfurter)
15. MARGIE BUTLER: The Hills of Ireland / The Willow Tree (trad., arr. Butler)
16. HARPERS HALL: Twyngryllyg (Reardon/Koster)
17. MARGIE BUTLER: Celia Connallon / Sunday Morning (trad., arr. Butler)
18. HARPERS HALL - KNODEL & VALENCIA: Willafjord (trad., arr. Knodel/Valencia)
Price: € 13.00
Mary MacMaster & Donald Hay
Love And Reason
Mary MacMaster (Sileas, The Poozies) plays harp and sings, with Donald Hay (Mystery Juice) playing drums, percussion and samples.
A beautiful mix of the old and the new both in material and presentation.
2. Mary Cullen
4. Thograinn Thograinn
5. Soraidh Leis A Bhreacan Ur
7. Rinn Mi Moch
10. Reason And Love
11. Shining Star
Price: € 16.00
The Lucky Smile
“One of Scotland’s brightest young harpists” (The Scotsman) Rachel Hair’s “The Lucky Smile” is an eagerly awaited follow up from the highly acclaimed solo album “Hubcaps and Potholes”. Produced by respected musician Angus Lyon (18months later, Box Club) the album features Rachel’s newly formed trio of harp with acoustic guitarist Paul Tracey and double bassist Andy Sharkey. With an eclectic mix of traditional and contemporary material, tinged with influences ranging from jazz and funk, to classical and bluegrass and her Scots-Irish heritage, “The Lucky Smile” confirms Hair’s ability as a prolific composer, as well as an incredibly talented harpist. Featuring guest appearances from award winning Gaelic singer Joy Dunlop, drummer Scott Mackay (Roddy Hart), cajon player Paul Jennings (Old Blind Dogs, The Bar Room Mountaineers) and jazz violinist Graham McGeoch (The Fortunate Sons) the album showcases the harp as a lead band instrument allowing its vibrance and vitality to shine through with sparkle and poise.
1. Back Home
2. Kilmartin Sky
3. Blue Hills Of Antrim
4. Tsunami Jack
5. A Fhleasgaich Oig As Ceanalta
6. The Lucky Smile
7. I Lost My Harp In Barcelona
8. The Lochaber Gathering
9. Leis An Lurgainn
10. The Midge House Jigs
Price: € 16.00
Clarsach na Banrighe (The Queen's Harp)
Medieval and 18th century Scottish harp music played on a newly commissioned replica of the famous medieval Scottish Queen Mary harp.
The metal strings give a very different sound from the gut-strung harp on these often stately pieces.
The medieval section of the CD includes 13th century church repertory from St Andrews Cathedral (where the CD was recorded), as well as from Inchcolm island in the Firth of Forth.
The second half of the CD presents, for the first time, the complete repertory of John Robertson of Lude, Perthshire, who owned and played the Queen Mary harp in the early 18th century. As well as airs, ports and a family salute, it includes a Gaelic song on the battle of Sherrifmuir, which has been newly matched to its original tune and is sung by guest Mairead Murnion from Co Down, Ireland.
Part 1: Medieval Church Music:
1. Vir Perfecte
2. Vir Iste
3. Kyrie Virginitatus Amator
4. Salve Splendor
5. Pater Columba
6. Ex Te Lux Oritur, O Dulcis Scotia
7. Nobilis Humilis.
Part 2: Medieval Instrumental Music:
8. Burns March
9. Battle of Hara Law.
Interlude: 17th & 18th Century Clarsach Music:
10. Rory Dall's Port (Jig)
11. Da Mihi Manum
12. Cumh Easpuic Earra-ghaoildheal.
Part 3: The Queen Mary Harp at Lude House:
13. Air by Fingal
14. Air by Fingal
15. Air by Fingal
16. McLoud's Salute
17. Lude's Supper
18. Port Lennox
19. Port Gordon
20. Oran air Cath Sliabh an t Siorraimh
21. Port Athol.
22. The Flowres of the Forrest
Price: € 18.00
This CD presents five grand architectural pieces of historical music taken from Ceòl Mór composed by Raghnall Mac Ailein Òig, originally for fiddle, pipes and vocal settings, but is here presented in new adaptions for solo clarsach.
This is Simon's third CD of historical Scottish and Irish music, he has sympathetically and skilfully adapted from the original material for solo clarsach.
The clarsach Simon used on this recording is a replica of the Queen Mary harp.
1. An Tarbh Breac Dearg (The Red Speckled Bull)
2. A' Ghlas Mheur (The Finger Lock)
3. Beinn Eadarrainn (The Headless Body)
4. Maol Donn MacCrimmon's Sweetheart)
5. A' Bhoilich (The Vaunting)
Price: € 16.00
Tree Of Strings
The Duplets are Scottish harp and song duo Gillian Fleetwood and Fraya Thomsen. They have been carving names for themselves as two of Scotland's finest exponents of the Scottish harp, through their captivating live shows.
Intricately woven melodies nestle into luscious harmonies, rich chords, cascading ornaments and even stonking bass lines to create a sound which is both unique and engaging.
Add to this the warmth and intimacy of Gillian's voice which draws the listener in like a storyteller, and you get an album as colourful and enduring as a tapestry.
Gillian Fleetwood (harp, vocals) and Fraya Thomsen (harp, vocals) with Duncan Lyall (bass), Gabe McVarish (fiddle), Donald Hay (drums, percussion) and Tam 'The Banjo' Kinsella (banjo).
1. Ca' the Yowes
2. O'Niell's March / Lillian Ross of Inverness / Donald Blue
3. The Twa Corbies * Chloe's Passion / Up Downie / The Triangle
4. Monkey Puzzle / Inspector Hector / Mr Nice
5. The Rigs of Rye
6. The Paw Paw Polska / Tommy Nagle's / The Strathnairn
7. The Bendy Tune / The Good Man in the Kitchen
9. Female Affability
10. The Queen of All Argyll
11. Craobh nan Teud
Price: € 17.00
- Select a Country -
Central African Republic
Democratic Republic Of Congo
Papua New Guinea
Trinidad And Tobago
United Arab Emirates
- Select a Style -
American Contra Dance
American Square Dance
Clog Dance / Clogging
Country & Line Dance
English Country Dance
Irish Uillean Pipes
Old Time Dance
Scottish Northumbrian Pipes
Scottish Solo Piping
You can order material by phone or by E-mail. We garantee a quick delivery. Payment should be done after delivery (in €, US $, GBP)
AADS vzw - Resedastraat 8 - B9920 Lovendegem - tel.: +32 (0)9 372 96 35
© AADS - info: