The Flying Scots
Fantastic music from the All Scotland Junior Traditional Accordion Solo Champion 2011.
The scenery is mostly of Caithness in the North of Scotland, some from Ireland and some from the north of Spain.
Guests on this album: Karen Steven - a well known exponent of fiddle music and composer born in John O'Groats. She plays 2 sets on this DVD, all her own compositions. Manson Grant - Manson sings 2 songs, one 'The Hills of Connemara,' a well known Irish song, the other 'Calling Me Home,' a brand new composition never before recorded. This was written and composed by the late great Eann Nicolson of the Wick Scottish Dance Band fame. The Harvey Brothers play 2 tracks from their well received album 'Tartan Paint'. The Harvey Brothers were recorded in the Old Smiddy Inn, Thrumster in their home village.
1. Bob Bridgeford's March, The Forty-Six Seconder, The Borthwick Men
2. Monadh Gowan, The Wee Man From Skye
3. The Jaqueline Waltz
4. Looking For A Partner
5. Hills of Connemara
6. Garden of Skye, Yellow Corn, Gaelic Air
7. The Blackadder Waltz
8. Davy Scott of Kilbirnie, Marquis Of Huntly's Farewell, Cape Breton Visit To Shetland
9. Brochan Lom / Sabhal Iain Ic Uisdean, Bheil An Cadal Ort / Mor A Cheannaich
10. Calling Me Home
11. Miss Delicia Chisholm, Atholl And Breadalbane Gathering
12. Recuerdos De La Coruna
13. Dan McIldowie's Reel, Niell Thow's Reel, Manola's Reel
14. Flying Scotsman